January 24, 2013

Update

I've got good news and bad news. I'm going to deliver the bad news first:

I'm not in Nepal yet.

Good news?

It's because my mom and I had a ton of fun in Singapore. We figured if we're making a stop on our way to Kathmandu, we might as well see the city beyond the windows of the airport.

So I'm going to give you all the 411 on Singapore. I like to call it Six Secrets to Singapore (cause I like alliteration and I'm feeling a bit excited now that I have free wifi at the airport).

Six Secrets to Singapore

1. Explore eateries everywhere (Chili crab at Hawker stand)
2. Singaporeans stare (when you're 5'9" and a little funny looking)
3. Locals love shopping and food
4. Home to the most interesting and interactive museum I've ever visited (National Museum of Singapore)
5. Gain a whole new appreciation for innovative architecture
6. Shopaholics proceed with caution (WOW. Mom managed to escape the city without buying anything!)

Okay, so I got a bit lax with the alliteration, but you get the point.






These jars are in the Food exhibit at the National Museum of Singapore. They contain all the spices locals use for health means, food, and just to smell nice. I liked the Kafir lime smell the best.







This is proof I'm still alive. And that Mom and I are having a good time. I can't believe that next time I make a post I'll be in Nepal! I'm pinching myself that this day is already here.

I'm definitely missing home and Boulder and everyone I care about.



No comments:

Post a Comment