February 11, 2013

Makura

I was eating dinner last night with my family and my sister looked up and says "makura!" while pointing at the calendar on the wall. I asked, "calendar?" and she shook her head and laughed. Because the power was out and we were eating with the aid of a lantern, I couldn't quite see what she was pointing to. As my eyes adjusted, I realized that the large dark spot about the size of my fist, looming on the wall, was a SPIDER! I kid you not, this thing looked just like a tarantula, only  hairless and evil looking with large pincers and a black and white body. My family continued to eat and just chuckled at how disturbed I looked. My aamaa asked, "makura manpardaina?" you don't like spiders?

When I got to breakfast this morning, the spider was hiding behind February, building a web on March...

So.... the spiders here are NOT something you mess with.

Aamaa saw that I was a little worried so she grabbed the calendar and waved the spider out the window.

Makura manpardaina.

1 comment: